April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "Y" x 2

Y


ouat25Project #1:  Once Upon A Time
"Y" is for Jiminy Cricket/Dr. Archie Hopper.  Granted, it must be very difficult to turn a creature character into a human being, but at least they got lucky with Jiminy.  He's, not only a classic Disney character, but he is the lifelong Disney fan's collective conscience.  I was never a Pinocchio fan, but I've always been a Jiminy fan (even though he is a bug).  I knew who the actor who plays Archie was (I am, after all, a child of the 70's and 80's and I always loved the movie My Science Project) and again, the creators of the show know their stuff because he was perfect to play Jiminy.  We don't see Archie/Jiminy that much on screen, but I'm always glad when he's there (although, if I'm really honest, one of the most boring episodes was Jiminy's backstory).  Storybrooke Archie is best friends with Marco/Geppetto and has a dalmatian named Pongo (who he is hopefully keeping well away from Cruella!).

vm25
Project #2:  Veronica Mars
"Y" is for You're a marshmallow Veronica Mars"...something that Wallace says once to Veronica, but it becomes the mantra for an entire legion of Veronica Mars fans forever.

Comments

Linda said…
Lovely stitching Keiley and only one day left.

Linda
Stephen Tremp said…
I'm going to have to check out some Veronica mars on Netflix.

Stephen Tremp
A to Z Co-host
Z is for Zombie

Unknown said…
To the extent that VM fans are known as Marshmallows :)

I agree - love Archie Hopper but his backstory is an episode I tend to skip if I'm rewatching the season