April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "U" x 2

U


Project #1: Once Upon A Time
ouat21"U" is for Ursula.  Ursula is rather new to the Once family (although she was in an earlier episode and was impersonated by Regina to trick Ariel, but that's a different story).  She's one of the Queens of Darkness, comprised of Maleficent and Cruella (I would have loved to have seen Maleficent on this chart, but alas, there was just no room for her).  The way they changed up her beginnings actually didn't bother me as much as the others (her back story is a heck of a lot more along the lines of Ariel than anything with loosing her singing voice and all) and adding Poseidon as her father was also an interesting twist.  Again, Hook has a hand in her back story as well (I swear that pirate really gets around).  I don't want to give too many spoilers for those that haven't seen this season yet, but I'm a bit confused about her...if villains aren't supposed to get their happy endings, how has she seemingly managed her way around that?  Hopefully we'll find out before Season 4 is all said and done (and maybe she hasn't after all).


vm21
Project #2: Veronica Mars
"U" is for Undercover Surveillance...something Veronica often engages in with her trusty camera equipment.  She often enlists her friends to help her in her task.  I'm really getting the feeling that it's about time to start watching the DVD's again!

Comments

Linda said…
My U is also Ursula. She looks great and we're almost done. Kate and I are already planning next year's challenge but will be starting this year.

Linda
Unknown said…
I can't wait for season 4 to start in Aus - stupid slow TV channels/iTunes
Alyssa F said…
I'm not caught up on Season 4 yet, so I can't comment much on the show Ursula yet, but in the Broadway musical Poseidon was also her father... and King Triton her brother, which makes her Ariel's aunt! I bet the OUaT connections are much more twisty though...
Vickie said…
Wow! your Ursula is so cool!!! I loved her storyline!!!
Unknown said…
Very cool blog! Just discovered yours as I peruse my way through all the A-Z blogs.

--Mee (The Chinese Quest)