Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "R" x 2

R
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm getting really tired.  But we're getting close to the end, so hopefully we can all hang on just a bit longer.  I'm stitching like mad to get caught back up after my weekend "escape", so here's hoping I have a Once post to show tomorrow!


Project #1: Once Upon A Time
ouat18"R" is for Red Riding Hood/Ruby.  I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of Red or Ruby for a while, but she did eventually grow on me (even though she's been absent for about a season and a half).  Red was a bit too "sweet" with her squeaky voice and Ruby was just a bit too slutty with her extremely short-shorts and crop tops.  I think when she stood up for Snow to her wolf family is what turned me around about her because I too believe that blood isn't always thicker than water and family takes on all forms.  Maybe someday Red/Ruby will be back because it would be nice to see her find her true love (since she killed her first and was accused of killing little Gus Gus - yes, even Cindy's mice appear as humans in Storybrooke and they get love interests...what could be better than that!).


Project #2:  Veronica Mars
"R" is for Rob Thomas, the creator of the show (but not the Rob Thomas from Matchbox Twenty - although that has been the subject of several jokes on the show).  Rob is currently heading up the CW show iZombie, and although I do watch it, it's pretty much a Zombie version of Veronica Mars and not nearly as good. But also on this panel is the infamous school bus (pre-crash), the central theme of season 2.
vm18

6 comments:

Katy said...

Great job! And yep, I'm tired too!

Linda said...

They look great Keiley. I'm so ready for it to be over too.

Linda

Kate said...

Wonderful stitching! I only know Red from season one, so I'm excited to see more of her story. Yes, I'm very tired of the challenge, although I haven't been able to stay on top of it very well.

Roslyn Core said...

I'm not suprised you're getting tired - those are two mamoth stitching projects! I should know!! ;) You've done an awesome job with stitching boh of them, as well as with explaining the characters/meaning.

Stephen Tremp said...

Crazy thought. Is tomorrow S is for Spam? Now that would be one crazy stitch.

Stephen Tremp
A to Z Co-host
R is for Reincarnation

Nagzilla said...

No Rumple? Bummer. Although Red is fine.

Still in awe of your stamina. Keep going- we're almost done!


Hi from Nagzilla bloghopping A to Z