April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "O" x 2

O


Project #1: Once Upon A Time
ouat15"O" is for Pinocchio/August Booth.  Granted, it's a bit of a stretch with the "O", but "P" was needed for another character (and you can't have a Once alphabet without August!).  I wasn't a fan of August at first and, like most, I initially thought he was Baelfire grown up, but I eventually figured out who he was before it was revealed (and I'm glad, because I thought my powers of perception were slipping).  Pinocchio was charged with protecting baby Emma when she came though the magical tree into our world (long story involving a very deceptive and selfish Geppetto), but it didn't take long for his curious, often self-destructive, ways to interfere and he left her alone and abandoned in an orphanage.  Once adult Emma arrived in Storybrooke though, his past catches up with him and he starts turning to wood again (because he didn't follow the Blue Fairy's advice) which sets him on a quest to get Emma to believe.  Although he fails (Henry was the one that got Emma to believe), he does eventually do the right thing at his own cost.  In an effort to save him, the Blue Fairy (aka Mother Superior) is able to return him to a human state, but only as a boy, which was kind of a bummer since I was getting used to adult August.  But thankfully, he has reappeared grown up this season and it's nice to see him back...long nose and all!


Project #2:  Veronica Mars
"O" is for Be Cool Soda Pop - a popular Veronica Mars quote.
vm15

Comments

Linda said…
I am so enjoying your stories on these characters everyday Keiley. Even though I'm very confused I am finding them very interesting.

Linda
Vickie said…
I love the Once upon a time series so I am loving your project.