April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "G" x 2

G
How have we managed to get to "G" already?  Hope everyone is hanging on OK!  I'm gonna jump right in because "G" is big for my Once Upon A Time Alphabet.




Project #1: Once Upon A Time
ouat07
"G" is for Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold. I don't think there is a more varied character than Rumple...he's the son of Peter Pan (LONG story), Henry's grandfather, Baelfire's father, husband to Belle (aka her Beast), Hook's crocodile, the dark one, the bottler of Snow and Charming's true love, the creator of the dark curse, and no telling how many other monikers he has or how many fairytale lives he's invaded!  He trained both the Evil Queen, the Queen of Hearts, and the Wicked Witch of the West in magic (and again, no telling how many others although he hint that he trained Ursula, Maleficent, and Cruella) and became the love interest for more than one of them.  He's even worked with the Mad Hatter and Victor Frankenstein in a ploy to trick Regina into renewing her magical training.  No matter how many times he tries to be upstanding, he usually fails at it miserably because, as he's fond of saying "magic always comes with a price" and he seems to pay it more than your average magic wielder although he never realizes it.


Project #2: Veronica Mars

"G" is for "Gia Goodman".  Although featured more prominently in the movie, Gia was an important character in series 2.  She was the airhead daughter of Woody Goodman, the "mayor" of Neptune and a very bad man (you'll have to watch the show to find out why).
vm07

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
Great description of Rumple. He's definitely one of my favourite characters in the show, although that could be because of who is playing him as well.
Linda said…
Holy cow. I didn't realize that Mr. Gold was so complicated. Great stitching.

Linda
Nancy C. Weeks said…
Keebles! I love this idea! It's my first time to your blog. *Wave* and nice to meet you. I love your descriptions of two great shows...and love your stitch work! While I sew, I never played with needlepoint. Your samples are wonderful!
Vickie said…
I was wondering how they were going to do Gold's face. It freaks me out on the show. I really just want to scrub it clean!