Wednesday, November 12, 2014
1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
I work with a few veterans and have numerous family members who are, so I'm around them all the time. I've found that the ones I'm around tend to not like it brought up, so I don't.
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
I don't remember, but I rarely ever attend events, so that's probably why I don't get invites.
4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
Food, but I think that's a pre-programmed tick more than a waste thing...the whole "clean your plate club" mentality and all.
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
None, but if I have to choose, then I choose the Cheers spin-off, Wings...my most-favorite American show ever.
6. What decision are you glad you made?
To get divorced and to stay that way.
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
Nothing is really different, so I'm guess I'm grateful for that...it could be worse!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'd much rather be home stitching and watching Veronica Mars (third viewing of the series in two weeks, FYI...I must force myself to stop watching it!).