Wednesday, April 9, 2014
H - Disney Alphabet Cross Stitch/Wednesday Hodgepodge
First off, I think I must have two pups who aren't getting the attention they deserve because this is the look I've been getting from both of them all night long:
I'm gonna cut it short tonight and spend some time with my pups, but before I do, we need to get to today's character.
There was no question what my "H" choice on my custom chart from CloudsFactory would be. My dislike for the new generation of Disney movies ended with this character's film. At the time, I thought that Disney movies were finally back on the right track. There was a modicum of return to hand-drawn animation in this film, the music (the only area where the new gens stayed strong) was the best of them all, and this was the best villain to come out of the Disney camp since my big "M" (and still stays second only to "M"). His wit, dry humor, and temper I can relate to almost as much and my little duck man. I was never a James Woods fan, but no one but him could pull off the scorned brother of Zeus. It's almost a game to watch the movie close enough to see James' mannerisms in the character's features. This is yet another Disney character that really doesn't get the respect he deserves because he truly is one of the greats!
"H" is for Hades!
And I almost forgot all about Wednesday Hodgepodge, so I'd better pull double duty and get it taken care of!
1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
I don't shower attention on anyone. That's not how I'm built. But it's even worse to have attention showered on me. Unfortunately, with my current weight loss, I seem to be attracting a lot of attention and I don't like it. I will typically not respond when someone is really complimentary about it or just smile and walk away...it's kind of creepy to me. The other day the teenage daughter of a co-worker was here, she smiled at me, I smiled back at her and went about my own business (one of the first stitch projects I did for someone else was her birth announcement stitch so I've known her forever). Later on, her Mother told me that the daughter was really shocked at how much weight I had lost and how good I looked (that's hard even to type). The Mother told me she explained to her daughter that she should have said something to me and paid me the compliment. I answered her back with "I'm glad she didn't, it makes me extremely uncomfortable when people do say something". The Mother just said, "yeah, that sounds like you".
2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
I never really did anything on spring break. It was a chance to stay home from school for a week. All I ever did was sit in my room anyway.
3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
Absolutely can't stand them! My step-grandmother had a pecan tree in her yard and I spent the better part of my youth having to shell the darn things! I'm not big on nuts of any type other than almonds or cashews and I never want to see them in their shell.
4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
I do all of them every single day. I stay focused on one thing at a time, I feel like I'm constantly screwing up, life sucks everyday, I'm scared to step on anyone's toes with my big mouth, but deep down I'm a pretty good egg once you get to know me.
5. In my experience___________________________________.
It's better to appear "normal" than to be "normal". I won't explain that...it's an Asper thing.
6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
That's really easy! Hold Back The Rain - Duran Duran
This is the most recent, non-fan recorded live version I could find...it starts at 3:15:
7. What does the word hope mean to you?
There is always a chance that life won't suck forever.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm already wishing the A to Z Challenge was over! I'm tired!