OMG OMG OMG!!

Having mild Asperger's my emotions are what most people would call cold (which is probably putting it mildly). I have a general lack of feeling for others and towards others especially when it comes to sympathy, empathy, or attachment to them. One day I'll do a post dealing with being an adult with Asperger's and what it is like. I've learned to social conditioning how to control certain behaviors and what emotions to keep to myself (just because the embarrassment factor of certain behaviors with Social Anxiety Disorder outweighs the need to express certain feelings). What I do have, however, is internal emotions attached to myself and my immediate surroundings, most of which are extremely overpowering (hence the OCD - I'm more of an obsessive than a compulsive). Darren Hayes is one of the few artists that get inside my shell and make me feel.

I think the reason why Darren moves me so much is because his lyrics "get me". They strike cords in me that are way too close to home. Almost every one of his songs have lyrics that I'd swear he wrote for me. In case you don't know who Darren is, he was the lead singer (and songwriter) for Savage Garden. Does "Truly, Madly, Deeply" ring any bells? Well, there you go. But as for his lyrics, Here are some examples of what I mean:

Here's an old Savage Garden song - To The Moon And Back:
"Mum never loved her much, daddy never keeps in touch, that's why she shys away from human affection, but somewhere in a private place, she packs her bag for outer space and now she's waiting for the right kind of pilot to come"

Random Blinking Light:
"I'm beautiful in an ugly kind of fucked up way, my face is not a cliche, and I complicate in a disconcerted heart-felt way, but I have good intentions"

This one just needs to be posted in its whole because this one is what Asperger's is like (at least to me) - Darkness:



Ever hear a song and have emotions that go along with it? Most people do...to a lot of songs...I don't. Sure, I love music and listen to it all the time, but I don't FEEL it. Darren hits my buttons almost everytime which is why he is one of my favorites (for the record, Mark Owen of Take That, Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran, Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode, and Robert Smith of The Cure are the only other ones...others come and go, but are usually fleeting).

Darren has a new album coming out at the end of the year and he's been teasing with a couple of new singles. I've posted one video already (right after my very first blog post actually). But a new one just came out today. So here you go folks, your first look at the new Darren. It's an extremely beautiful moving visual as well (and yes, he has that affect on me physically too, always has). Hope this turns you into a Darren Hayes convert!

Comments

Joysze said…
Savage Garden is still one of my faves. I'll be looking forward to his new CD. :)