Weekly stitching, new stash and a bit of a ramble

I spent the week working on Sleepy Hollow Mural. I did manage a bit last Sunday and left off here:
Hollow009
And I stopped this Saturday night here:
Hollow015
I got quite a bit done including the second page and a big chunk of the third page. I'm quite proud of that, especially considering my week (but more on that later).

I decided it was time to go back to Snow White. I left off here back in February:
SnowWhite024
I couldn't help myself and started late Saturday night, but the majority of the work got done today and I left off here:
SnowWhite026
She'll be my focus for this week and next weekend, but this is going to be the work week I've been dreading for a month now, so I doubt I'll get much further...at least not until the weekend.

As far as this past week, I ended up having to go to an out of town clinic for work that just happens to be in an old haunted hospital on Tuesday. Aspers tend to have heightened senses and it's probably one of my strongest Asper traits. Places like that tend to raise my hackles and turn my insides to mud. I have enough trouble dealing with the travel associated with my job (which, thankfully is rare), but that was one of the worst work days of my career.

To add insult to injury, on Thursday when I complained to my shrink about the weight I've been gaining due to the meds, she decided to pull me off the anti-depressant without replacing it with another (dropping off one while adding another tends to balance things out, but weening off one by itself it a very physically sickening process). She kept me on the Ritalin, but I'm not ready to be AD free just yet and I'm panicked. So, on top of all the extra work hours this upcoming week and dental surgery for both Bam and I the following week, I'm going to have to do it all while DT'ing from the meds and going back to dealing with life in a way that I haven't had to do in a while. Ugh. At least Bugs had a good week!

I did take advantage of the HAED sale and added a few more JBG's to my stash (like I needed more), but I also splurged on my very first GeckoRouge kit. It was hard to decide...I was debating on the one I chose versus a design of Captain Hook/Killian Jones from Once Upon A Time. I really want to do another Once project, but it's been really hard to find one I absolutely love. I liked the Hook GeckoRouge kit, but I didn't love it.

There was another deciding factor...on a whim I emailed Tilton Crafts about Daniel Kordek's Once designs to see if they ever planned on charting them. I have his Hocus Pocus and Merida patterns already and I LOVE his Once designs (except for the fact that he doesn't have one with Charming). They told me that they already have at least one being charted up right now! Excitement!

So I went with The Dollmaker instead because I love this pattern and it felt more like me:
Dollmaker_000a
Seriously? Baby doll Freddy and Jason? I LOVE them! I bought the 25ct magic guide with 1x1 threads, but I think I'll probably use my 28ct Monaco instead. I ordered a matching needle minder from another Etsy seller too, so it made me even more happy with my choice.

Speaking of Once Upon A Time...I tried to binge watch it this week to break my Heartland obsession, but I ended up watching the show more than stitching so I ended up going back to Heartland. I'm obsessed with Heartland too, but not to the degree that I am with Once right now.

The musical episode of Once tonight was a mixed bag. I kept thinking how cheesy it was the entire time, but I was still singing along (yes, I bought the soundtrack the second it came out) and bawling like a baby at all the right moments. My favorite song?

Seriously, I hope the show doesn't get cancelled...it will break my heart! But Once and stitching does not go well together! Granted, I could use a huge dose of fantasy right now, but I think stitching might be better therapy...that is until the "shakes" start.

Comments

Cinzia said…
I love your stitching, but I am writing to tell you: you can do it! Do not doubt yourself, you slowly but surely will make it!
Ciao,
Cinzia
Mii Stitch said…
You have made again great progress on both projects!! I'm so envious, you're so quick stitching those HAEDs :)
Great new stash.
I love your projects! You make such quick progress. I resisted buying anything new during the HAED sale. I just have way too many projects right now. And as a fellow lover of Once, I must say we had mixed-bagged feelings about the episode last night. You're right, it was definitely cheesy. We were just glad the entire episode wasn't singing. We're looking forward to the 2-hour season finale. As for the meds, hopefully everything works out for you.
I hope you don't feel too horrible this week! I can't even imagine how horrible it is to come off those meds. Sleepy Hollow looks so awesome! I love the colors. Snow White is looking creepy with her one big eyeball and no skin haha. You made great progress on her too and I love the GeckoRouge kit you chose. My sister would love that one too :) Hope everyone's dental work goes well.
I love Snow White! She was always my favourite because of her dark hair like mine.
Hope that coming off the meds isn't too awful for you, can you pull a sickie and spend all day stitching instead of going to work?
Congratulations on the stashing too, love the Dollmaker, that's a truly weird chart. In a good way!
I've never heard of GhekoRouge. Why have t I known about this?????
Emma Louise said…
Sleepy Hollow looked like it had a lot of confetti. I love my gecko rouge kit - I was like a kid when the postman rang the bell. Ooh tilton have released hook http://tiltoncrafts.com/product/once-upon-a-time-captain-hook-kordek/ I'm just going to drool in the corner, don't mind me
Tiffstitch said…
I'm glad you got the visit over with and I hope you don't have to go back for a good long while. Beautiful choice and of course you had to get the one with the purple background! Great progress on Sleepy Hollow and Snow White as well.