Update

Still counting down the days until Disney. There are SOOO many trip preparations that are still to be made because I'm spending more time at work than home these days. I have to get my oil changed, I need new wiper blades all the way around, and I've still got to get grocery supplies for both me on the road and Mother who will be pup-sitting. Don't even get me started on the map and little planning book printing...I'm not even close to being ready to do that!

On the med front, I went back to the shrink for my monthly check-in. She doubled the dose of Trintellix (which I was expecting). Surprisingly, my fear of the itching getting worse with a double dose was unfounded...the itching has almost stopped completely after only a few days (although I still have moments, especially in stressful situations).

She also added another drug to the mix...Ritalin. At first, I was kind of put out that she would even mention Ritalin, but after the first dose, I knew it was a wise choice. It is a very low dose and it only lasts four hours (meaning I take one twice per day to get through work), but I can focus better and my speech has slowed down considerably (at least to the point where I don't have to keep repeating myself because I'm talking too fast and no one can understand me). It's not a blood-level drug, so I don't have to take it on the weekends if I don't want to. There aren't really any side effects from the Ritalin either, so I guess it's a win-win situation all the way 'round. What are the odds that we would get the meds right the very first time? It's a first for me, that's for sure!

I started another diamond painting, but have barely touched it this weekend, so nothing really to show. It's this one:
Death
I had to wait until I was out of the "bad frame of mind" before I could start this one though...not the best design for someone in a depressive state, but it is small, so it will get me through until Disney.

I'm also starting to want to stitch again, I'm just not there yet. Probably by the time I get back from Disney, I won't be able to do anything BUT stitch!

Hopefully, I will have time this week to respond to emails...I know I've been horrible about it, but I've been travelling so much for work and, by the time I get home, I can do nothing but crash and a computer is the LAST thing I want to look at. Thanks again for all your support (and understanding) throughout these past couple of months. I have my five-year blogoversary coming up soon and I haven't decided how I'm going to celebrate it this year (or if I'm going to at all). I do have a TON of spare Disney pins I could give away...we'll see how things go between now and then.

Comments

Linda said…
Glad to hear the meds are working for you Keiley. Looking forward to seeing your stitching again.

Linda
Bea said…
You are sounding more positive which is good. I'm glad this new med is working for you and fingers crossed you get everything prepped for Disney.
Emma Louise said…
Glad to hear that the medication is working for you and that they got it right the first time. Looking forward to seeing you get back to crafting
Justine said…
Glad to hear the medication is working for you and I hope your health continues to improve. Don't worry about emails or blog reading, we'll all still be here when you're ready.
Vickie said…
Glad things are turning around for you. I love the diamond painting...Can't wait to hear about your Disney trip!
Heather said…
I'm glad things are getting better I love the new diamond painting!