June TUSAL and other things

Is this a post for June or May? Confusing, but either way, here's this month's ORT pic:
DSC06774
I was feeling a bit Disco Mickey.

For some weird reason, I got the gumption to make my own needle minders to see how it would go. I ordered a small pack of magnets, got the glue, and proceeded to torture some duplicate Disney pins trying to get the pin back off. I really only succeeded in nubbing it, but I guess that's better than nothing and I just covered it up with extra glue anyway. I gave it plenty of time to dry, and voila! I've got new needle minders!
DSC06770
I have the feeling that I'll end up buying all kinds of stuff during the next Disney trip just for the purpose of making needle minders, and not just pins...I'm thinking magnets, small nick-knacks, maybe even little plushes or vinyls like tiny Tsum Tsums! The possibilities are endless and I can see myself never having to buy another needle minder again!

I also hit Etsy again (although not nearly as bad and nothing from Neni). I finally broke down and got the Hocus Pocus chart from Tilton Crafts:
Hocus Pocus
I've never really been a fan of the way they chart their patterns due to their chosen method of dithering (don't get me started on that again, but a detailed description is HERE), but I've been watching some FlossTubers who are working on this and it seems to look OK, so I caved.

I also broke down and finally got the Captain America chart I've had my eye on for a while. I haven't really cared for the preview of this pattern from other sellers, but I found a new one (well, at least new to me), Diana70, and her's was exactly what I was looking for!
Captain America_2

And last, but not least, the second I saw this pattern, I immediately new it would be a good one for me to have in my office at work. Granted, easier said that done when it comes to the message...forgiveness is almost a four-letter word in my book, but maybe seeing the message everyday will inspire me to at least try to forgive (or at least learn to fake it better).
Rafiki pattern

Comments

Tama said…
Ooo, nice new stash! and lovely needle minders! I look forward to seeing all the Disney ones you will make :D :D :D
Bea said…
Love the needle minders and the new stash. The ORTs are looking good as well.
Heather said…
Sometimes the 4 letter words are more fun though ;). Great job on the needleminders they came out great! I have hocus pocus too I'm hoping to make it my first start after paradise. I've already dyed the fabric and everything.
Linda said…
Nice orts and great new charts. Love them all.

Linda
Tiffstitch said…
Love Disco Mickey and great choices on the patterns! Is the forgiveness one a different seller? I think I might need that one as well.