April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "F" x 2

F
We are now at "F" in the April A to Z Challenge and, although there was a lot of stitch work on this letter, the descriptions should be a lot easier than previous, so here we go!

ouat06

Project #1: Once Upon A Time
"F" is for Blue Fairy/Mother Superior. She was also referred to as Reul Ghorm for a brief time but it was later discovered that it was just Cora "body snatching" again (and for those that don't speak Scots Gaelic, Reul Ghorm translates to Blue Star...an interesting bit of trivia for those of us with Scottish heritage). It's kind of ironic that the fairies all pretty much became nuns in Storybrooke...I'm really curious to know the writers thoughts behind this!

The Blue Fairy is pretty much the Queen of the Fairies in the Enchanted Forest just as she is Mother Superior in the "Fairy Convent" (as I like to call it).


Project #2: Veronica Mars
"F" is for "We Used to Be Friends", the theme song in the show, by The Dandy Warhols. Those that know me know that I have been a diehard Duranie since the age of 10 and I was aware of this song long before I ever heard it on the show. Nick Rhodes of Duran produced several tracks on the album, Welcome To The Monkey House (including this one) and Simon LeBon sung backing vocals on a song from that album (just not this one). Courtney Taylor-Taylor (the lead singer for the Warhols) guest starred as a karaoke singer in an episode of Veronica Mars as well (singing "Love Hurts").
vm06

Comments

Stephen Tremp said…
That's an amazing talent you have. I think I poked myself with a needle just reading this. And thanks for your continued participation in A to Z!
Linda said…
Interesting stories Keebles.

Linda
Liz A. said…
I did not know the Duran connection to The Dandy Warhols. Shame on me. (Although, I let my Duran fandom die of late.)

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity
Unknown said…
My computer won't load the pictures for this and E - noooooo!!!!!!! I'm sure they look awesome though! I'm off to have arguments with the modem.
Vickie said…
I love the blue fairy!