April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "D" x 2

D
Here we are at the end of the first week of the challenge and we're at the letter "D". Hopefully, on our "day off" tomorrow, I'll be able to start checking out the posts of others. I've been a bit bogged down with all this stitching!


ouat04Project #1:  Once Upon A Time
"D" is Prince Charming/David Nolan.  Granted, I do have an issue with Snow White's prince being referred to as "Charming" since technically that was Cinderella's prince, but I absolutely ADORE Josh Dallas and "charming definitely fits him, so I let it slide.  Since his character's personalities are so opposite to one another, I guess both characters need their own individual descriptions (and I apologize now if this gets a bit long...can't be helped, he's a main character and probably my favorite, so he deserves more!).

Prince Charming is the brave, honorable, courageous, and incredibly charming husband of Snow White, father of Emma and baby Neal, and grandfather to Henry.  He's the twin brother to the dead Prince James, who was the adoptive son of King George (procured by that child-snatcher himself, Rumpelstiltskin).  He then becomes Prince James to the people of the Enchanted Forest (in a very Prince and the Pauper-type scenario), thus taking on another alias.

David, on the other hand, is weak and indecisive...the complete opposite of a hero.  He's initially known as John Doe (yet another alias) and spends the 28 years of the first curse in a coma due to injuries sustained right before the curse hit (did I mention there's been more than one curse?).  He is married to Kathryn (aka King Midas's daughter Princess Abigail, who he wasn't married to in the Enchanted Forest) while carrying on an affair with Mary Margaret (a school teacher...more on her later, let's just say "the course of true love never did run smooth").  He now co-sheriffs the town with Emma and has regained most of his Prince Charming-like qualities (but still secretly harbors doubts of his courage...a factor that comes into play when the Wicked Witch of the West comes to town, but that's another story).

Geez, these character descriptions are getting more and more complicated, aren't they? So here's Prince Charming-Prince James-David the farmer and David Nolan-John Doe:


Project #2:  Veronica Mars
Luckily, this one will  be shorter!  "D" is for Duncan Kane, son of software billionaire Jake Kane, brother to Lilly, and first love of Veronica (although not her true love in my opinion). I don't think I was more happy to see the back of a character...he was standing in the way of Veronica and Logan's happiness!
vm04

Comments

Tama said…
I must admit I like long character explanations! Your stitching is looking great!
I started out watching this show, but then had to miss so many episodes that it began not to make sense anymore. It's just so clever that you are cross-stitching the characters!

Life & Faith in Caneyhead
I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
A to Z Challenge
Linda said…
I get more and more confused each day but I am enjoying reading about each character.

Linda
B~Natrelle said…
Hello there.
Thanks for sharing. Btw, Zachary and Bam are just too cute!

Entrepreneurial Goddess
Unknown said…
Agree about Duncan - good riddance! He was just so dull
Vickie said…
Love Charming!!! Great job!