April A to Z Challenge - Cross Stitch "B" x 2

B
Day 2 of cross stitching madness brings my first two-character foray on Once Upon A Time. I've rambled on and on throughout my years of blogging about the "second wave" of Disney movies, my initial dislike of computer generated animation, etc. It took me many years to morn the loss of hand-drawn animation and to accept that CG was here to stay, but once I finally did, I did learn to enjoy the CG's, not so much for the artistic talent (that came with wave 3), but for the storylines and music (the scene where Belle's holding a tree and her hand isn't finished, even after the remastered version was released in theaters, still eats me alive, but I'm digressing).

Project #1:  Once Upon A Time
ouat02
In case you haven't guessed, "B" is for Belle from the Enchanted Forest and Lacey French, her wild-child alter-Storybrooke ego.  Belle was brought over as herself in the curse, locked in a mental ward for the 28 years, only to be released so that she could return to her "beast" (more on him later).  Lacey came about, not from the curse, but as a way for the Evil Queen to exact revenge on Rumpelstiltskin (LONG story). I tend to like this Belle much better than the Disney version. She's one of the few characters that, once she was "cured" of her Lacey-ness, has gone back to her old self...the others still retain aspects of both their personalities (probably because she wasn't Lacey for very long).  So, here is the sweet, studious, adventurous beast-loving Belle and Lacey, the slutty, borderline alcoholic party girl who is attracted to the baddest of guys.

Project #2:  Veronica Mars
"B" is for Backup, the third member of the Mars family unit, the most sane one (via Veronica's own admission), and puppy-dog extraordinaire!  Granted, Backup in the pilot is a different breed from Backup in the rest of the series, but I often overlook that.
vm02

Comments

Kate said…
Terrific progress! My B is for Belle, today, too. And Backup is so cute :-)
Jeremy [Retro] said…
Those are neat, I always wanted to make them from current monster characters... not even sure if that is even possible.

Jeremy [Retro]
AtoZ Challenge Co-Host [2015]

There's no earthly way of knowing.
Which direction we are going!

HOLLYWOOD NUTS!
Come Visit: You know you want to know if me or Hollywood... is Nuts?
What a wonderful theme! I love Once though I missed a season and never got back to it. I'm still sulking about that. And I LOVE Veronica Marrs too. I really enjoyed immersing myself in the series, watching one right after another. :) Instant gratification. Cross stitching has always been over my head but I envy your ability. Just call me 10 thumbs. :) Thanks for visiting my blog! P.S. I'm surprised you never got involved in Friday Night Lights. It was a wonderful series too.
Katy said…
Great job! I like how you changed her name to Lacey. I decided not to just because of how short of a time she was actually Lacey.
Anonymous said…
I've never done any kind of cross stitching so this is really neat to me!
S. L. Hennessy said…
Ahhh, two great character choices. And two great shows as well.

Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
http://pensuasion.blogspot.com
David P. King said…
This is fantastic. And relevant to what I've been researching lately. :)
Tama said…
Lovely progress! I adore your choices! Makes me want to watch those shows :D
Unknown said…
Looking great :) I ummed and ahhed about whether to make her Lacey or Belle, but as she was only Lacey for an episode or two I went with Belle. Love that you changed it to suit your own preferences though - that's the joy of cross stich in my opinion - you can adapt it to suit your own style/needs :D
Anonymous said…
You are amazing! Two challenges at the same time, and one a double challenge (OUAT alter egos...) I love when you say, ".but one must always raise the bar (or so I've been told, I kind of like my bar set very very low and easily bypass-able)." I'm stealing that one! Gail
Linda said…
Belle looks great Keiley. I love that dog on backup.

Linda
Liz A. said…
I had forgotten about the Lacey part of Belle. Yeah, I like her better as Belle, but what's she doing with Will Scarlett? And Backup... Yep, he's definitely the only sane Mars family member.

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity
Vickie said…
You know..this belle gets on my nerves and I am not sure why....