Wednesday, November 19, 2014
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
I complain a lot about being poor and living in a trailer...but when I stop to think about it, I have a very comfortable house with everything I could possibly need and I don't really want for any necessities, so I really have nothing to complain about.
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
Not a brown fan, but if I had to choose, I'd lean more towards the beige side...more of a blue-based brown than a red-based or yellow-based one. Back in the day, when I was in art school, my graphic design prof made us spend an entire week mixing paint until we had what we considered the perfect "beige" and the perfect "tan". Yeah, not a good way to keep a color in your good graces.
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Going home and cross stitching.
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
When I was younger, I would have always described myself as a feminist. But the older I get, and the more I see how the world is changing, the more I realize that I'm very old fashioned and I'm definitely not a feminist. The best example I can give is the latest batch of Disney movies and how everyone "loves" the fact that the women in the stories don't need to be saved by men and can take care of themselves and "yea" what a positive influence that is for little girls. I prefer to be saved by the valiant knight on the white horse, thank you very much and I definitely prefer my escapism to reflect that. I don't need reiteration about how "independent" I am and how I don't "need" a man, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to see the proverbial Disney happy ending. And I've noticed the shift in guys too...they don't need to be chivalrous anymore, so they aren't. I prefer them chivalrous. I'll take a Darcy/Wentworth anyday over me being independent. Men will probably always make more than women for the same work, I wouldn't mind it so much if I had a man's salary contributing to my household income!
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
McRib...but really, can anyone eat one without making a mess?
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
I don't like surprises, therefore, I don't like to give surprises.
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
Been looking for an excuse to post the new Take That video anyway, but kind of sums up the whole living in the moment and being grateful for what you have theme. And I'm ALWAYS grateful to see Howard without his shirt on!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Why is it that things that are bad for you taste so good and things that are good for you typically taste bad? This diet would be far easier to get back on if I enjoyed eating healthy. I don't. I want pizza, cookie dough and icing, and coke zero and nerds constantly and I'm miserable because I can't have them and I'm miserable when I do have them because I feel guilty. Is it really worth it?