Wednesday, May 28, 2014
1. What news story are you following right now?
The only news stories I really follow (besides the tech/HIPAA stuff I have to for work) is Disney news stories and today is the opening day to the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster in New Fantasyland! Exciting stuff!
2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
I always want and rarely get...but I'd have to say I've been dying for a hamburger, but diet cheat day isn't until tomorrow afternoon.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu? HA! I didn't even read this one before posting the last one! The ultimate favorite hamburger place is Red Robin, but we don't have one of those here (closest one is in Memphis). Sonic is the best I can do and I had one last week (on cheat day).
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
I've come to realize that it is no longer important for me to appear "normal" to the world. I am what I am in all my Asperger glory, and, if you don't like it, you can just go away. I don't need anyone else's approval or disapproval of my behavior or actions. That's huge considering my young life was spent trying to make everyone else feel comfortable around my weirdness (because, no matter how hard I try, I can't hide it).
5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents? I don't have many, but I can remember when my Dad's parents would come pick me up for a visit (because it "hurt" my Dad too much to see me, yeah, I don't get it either) and Nannie would bring homemade pumpkin bread (which I typically hate, but I loved hers) and Papa and I would put puzzles together for hours. They had a whole collection of Dr. Seuss books and I'd read them over and over. Those were good times. Then I'd have to go back home again and be miserable. Papa died when I was 10 and Nannie and I were on the outs when she died a few years ago.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
I can get the work done in multi-form, but there is a lot of complaining along the way. Can't think of an example. I like to be 100% focused on one thing at a time, then move on to the next. If I get interrupted in that process, I get grumpy (to say the least). My co-workers disagree and say that I'm a master at multitasking, but it's all smoke and mirrors I think.
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May? It's been pretty steady so far, but there are still a couple of days left for the bottom to fall out! Let's not jinx it, shall we? High would be finishing December's Disney pictures and DVD, lows would be an abnormally large number of headaches this month.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think I'm losing my stitching mojo. I tried to stitch last night, but I have Disney pictures on the brain. I haven't wanted to touch those stupid pictures for months, and now, they are all I want to do...I keep thinking about redoing them all (and there are 41,000 edited photos of Disney trips on my computer now - if I go back to the originals and re-edit, there could be more. I think it's just because my post-Disney depression has died off since I'm now planning a trip!