The Color Game - A Correction?

I got "corrected" by a fellow geek through work (doesn't work with me, but I work with) that Jessica's color is supposedly purple and I watched the show wrong. I took great offence at this, partially because a) I'm OCD so I know what I'm talking about; b) because I don't like being told I'm wrong when I'm not (that's all Asper); and c) because I've watched the show enough times that I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

I asked this person if he has actually watched the show and he said he had, but when I mentioned specific scenes (like Trish's coat, the graffiti in the theater, or the sign for the Royal Dragon Restaurant, he didn't know what I was talking about, and these would be very specific things one would notice if they had seen the show and were looking at for these color variations). If it hadn't been a phone call, I probably would have forced him to watch a YouTube video or something to prove my point (and I can't guarantee that won't be the first thing I do next time I see him, probably months after he's forgotten about today).

Well, after looking online I found some videos on YouTube actually discussing this whole thing, but again, almost all of them mention blue (I ran across two that talked about purple, but one guy's review didn't even sound like he had actually even watched the show at all, at least not the same Defenders that I watched, so that one doesn't even count). But it was still enough to put doubt in my brain, so, just to make sure, I have checked on my Sony laptop, my Macbook, my iPad, my iPhone 8, my work monitor, as well as my crappy first gen Sony flat screen TV and all show BLUE (in varying shades, but all still blue).

Yes, there are times when the blues appear sort of purple around the reds - that's just a color thing...red is more dominant and will do that to blue. It's why painters have to be careful when mixing colors...to make purple, you use a lot less red than blue. Same with making green...blue is the dominant so you use more yellow than blue, but I'm getting off topic. Point is, if Jessica's "color" is supposed to be purple, someone at Marvel TV goofed because it is most definitely blue in The Defenders! Here's the opening credits (red, blue yellow, green, in that order):

Yes, I know I'm technically diagnosed "crazy" with all my issues, but on this issue, I am not crazy...it's friggin blue! I'm not sure why this walked all over me, but I have literally been fuming Daredevil red all day long! Maybe that was his point, as one of my co-workers pointed out, because I am "funny" (her words, not mine) when I'm riled up. Glad people "enjoy" it when I have to take more Xanax in a day (which, by the way, is also blue).

Comments

Linda said…
Glad to hear you proved him wrong Keiley.

Linda
Tiffstitch said…
Definitely blue. I suppose you could think he was trying to make her more your colour, since that's definitely purple, but that could be giving him too much credit.
Perhaps he has some color blindness.
I don't think anyone likes being told their wrong, especially when they are not! Maybe just laugh it off as 'some men are really, really bad with colours', haha.