Top 5 Tuesdays-Travel Charts

When it comes to travel, I don't think it's a secret that I typically only go to one place...Disney World. Granted, I have a mile long list of all the places in the world I'd like to go but, for some strange reason, I always end up at my happy place.

I debated whether or not to make this list up with dream places or my happy place and, just by digging in my stash, I found tons of Disney park-related charts and kits, so I just figured I'd hit up my own stuff.

1) Happy Haunts by Neni Designs - I haven't officially started on this project yet (so the link will be an empty album, at least right now), it's my A New Stitchy Start Blog project for the year, but it's still my favorite Disney park-related chart I own simply because it's of my favorite ride, the Haunted Mansion.
Happy Haunts_000

2) The Disneyland Map by Neni Designs - Whether or not I'll ever get around to stitching this is another story (and the park will be completely different by the time I do anyway), but I wanted a chart to remember my Disneyland trip (at least the good parts) and this one serves me well. I never understood why they didn't do a Disney Dreams Disneyland 50th Anniversary stitch kit considering Kinkade did paint it, but since we went during the 60th Celebration year, guess it would be as outdated as my next choice.
Disneyland Map

3) Disney World's 35th Anniversary Celebration - Despite my hatred of the dark fabric and the fact that this is technically Disney World's 45th Anniversary year, I do still love the overall look of this project (if I ever get it finished). Plus, I did actually buy this in Disney World during the 35th Anniversary Celebration, so it means even more because of that. There were a couple of other celebration charts that I didn't get (those kits were VERY expensive back in the day), but I've managed to scrape several of them together throughout the years. This one might be the only one that gets finished though.
35th

4) Everest by Love My Stitch - I love this pattern because I know exactly where in Disney World this view comes from. The rickshaws are all around the area, the rock bridge overlooks the mountain, and the only thing missing is the noise and all the guests! Animal Kingdom may not be my favorite park, but I knew this one had to be mine the second I saw it (and I doubt it will live in my stash forever...it might make an appearance in the next year or so).
1198_MickeyandMinnieonEverest_cross

5) Cinderella Castle by the Art of Disney Collection - Granted, I'm not sure that the view from the Libery Square Bridge has ever been this pretty (maybe back in the day when the Swan Boats ran), so on the realism front it isn't so great, but standing in that spot, it almost feels like you can smell the flowers, hear the birds singing, see the swans swimming, etc. It is a very awe-inspiring view and though I may never work on this kit (way too many French Knots), I'm happy to know it's in my stash. It was also another kit that was purchased in Disney World. I do wish they would make more kits...back in the day, they would literally sell out almost immediately when they were put on the floor. Nowadays, the same old Disney Dream kits hang in every Art of Disney store (although I haven't seen this one in a few years).
Dreams-Cinderella Castle
I have enough Disney-themed charts, be they park or otherwise, to last more than 10 lifetimes, but seriously, can one ever have too much Disney?

Comments

Linda said…
Of course I love all of your Disney charts Keiley. I sure wish I could go to Disneyland one more time before I can't walk anymore.

Linda
Alyssa F said…
Love the Neni Designs charts! I'll love seeing your progress on those ones as I'm always nervous about the quality of conversion for Etsy sellers. I've stitched one too many terrible computer conversions in my lifetime...
Emma Louise said…
Cinderella castle is probably my favourite from the parks but even though we often visited craft stores on our trips to Florida years ago, we never picked a kit up from the parks. I was young so I'm guessing it just wasn't something my mam fancied
Tiffstitch said…
Great choices and I'm glad to know you'll be starting some of these in the near future. If we ever get a chance to meet up I can help you with the french knots. :)
Bea said…
Love the charts, especially Happy Haunts and the castle.
kate n said…
All will look awesome and the rickshaw one did make me laugh, but you know me keebs, I'm looking forward to the 35th anniversary one :)
Mii Stitch said…
They all look beautiful charts & it's nice to know you will be working on some of them in the coming year... I'll be able to admire them even more ;)
Lovely choices! I think my favorite is the map, the colors are just so fun! But I would stitch any and all of them :)
Heather said…
Of course you know my feelings about happy haunts but I just adore the Disneyland one too. I'm sure that will be added to my stash soon.