Disney Movies - Days 90-92

You might have noticed that I didn't post stitching progress Sunday night. That's because I had none. I somehow managed to scratch my cornea on Monday and haven't been able to wear my contacts. I can't see well enough with my glasses to function, let alone stitch, so I tried to spend the week researching trip stuff, but I ended up doing everything but.

I did manage to finish off the last of the non-series discs though, if nothing else. Friday I made it though the final DCOMS starting with Twitches and Twitches Too. I'm not really sure why I have these discs, I never really cared for the movies, but alas I do, so I watched them.



Same with Cheetah Girls 2. I'm not sure why I have the second one and not the others, especially since I liked 1 and 3 much better. I probably meant to get the other two and never got around to it.


I also found my Jonas Brothers: The 3D Experience Concert DVD and my Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Tour DVD. As much as I hate to admit it, I actually saw the Hannah/Miley tour live (with the Jonas Brothers opening for her), so both of these concerts bring back memories, both good and bad. I did notice that the Jonas Brothers concert had Demi Lovato in it singing some Camp Rock songs with them and it must have been after she and Joe broke up because the ice between them on stage was almost visible! Taylor Swift was also on the Jonas disc too, but I fast-forwarded through her part.



I started Saturday with a solid plan to spend the morning working on trip stuff, followed by a movie afternoon and starting the series that night, but ended up spending the entire day and a chunk of the night watching ghost videos and makeup tutorials (anything and everything other than what I should have been doing), so I only had time to finish up the final two movies starting with Sky High. In theory, this should really be a great movie and right up my alley...superhero kids go to high school and highjinx ensue. It's got two Kids In the Hall alums (Pleakley and Flik to us Disney geeks), Wonder Woman's Linda Carter, Bruce Campbell, and even Steven Straight (who I've had a crush on since The Covenant). But there are so many things about it that bother me, I can't see past them enough to enjoy the good stuff. Every time Kurt Russell even touches Kelly Preston (the parents), it almost looks like she's flinching. All I can think of when I see the lead, Michael Angarano, is Kristen Stewart and I don't like her (they used to date). And numerous other silly things that I can't seem to get past.


The Rocketeer is another one of those great Disney fan favorites, but like Tron, I just don't get it. I even fell asleep twice trying to get through this viewing and I didn't bother rewinding it a third time.


I have NUMEROUS Travel Channel type Disney World specials recorded as well as park specific discs I bought at Disney World, but I've decided not to watch these. I'm also not counting the Touchstone movies either. Same with the Disney Fireplace disc and my first season of Fraggle Rock (since I don't have the other seasons, it would be weird). I kind of decided that if I didn't draw the line somewhere, I'll be doing this forever! So Sunday, I started the beginning of the end. I finished the first season of Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, all 27 episodes.

I'll finish up the second season of Rescue Rangers this week and hopefully get started on the Ducktales series, and then, I'm done!

MOVIE TOTALS:
Live Action: 108
Full-Length Animation: 117
Mixed-Medium: 11
Animated Shorts: 432
Live Action Shorts: 2
Mixed-Medium Shorts: 3
Animated Series: 145
Live Action Series: 26
Mixed-Medium Series: 2
Documentaries: 14
Concerts: 3

Comments

Heather said…
I like the Twitches movies and Sky High. But I agree with the part about Kelly Preston. Love Fraggle Rock and the fireplace dvd but I understand why you're not doing them.
Kate said…
Haven't seen any of these. But I grew up watching Fraggle Rock and Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers. Sorry you didn't have anything really enjoyable to watch. I hope your eye heals soon.
Tiffstitch said…
So sorry to hear about your eye! I hope you're doing better now.