Disney Movies - Day 37

Well, I'm still living in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, although it was a shorter night on Monday.

I started with Super Adventure and this one is now my favorite one! It didn't focus too much on the whole preschool education thing (although I think watching all these might have just improved my horrible math skills). There were four episodes on this disc. It's really hard to find only clips of these episodes, most people just post the entire DVD, but for anyone interested:


I only watched one other disc, Around The Clubhouse World. I must have picked the best two because this one also focused more on story than education and I didn't feel so much I was regressing to my two-year old state after watching these. This disc at least had five episodes, so I feel like I at least got my money's worth.

I still have about four more and then there is the newest one that I've preordered, but I'm going to continue on until I'm done with these before I move on.

Since this post is so short, it's rant time Mouseketeers! I HATE HATE HATE Disney's Fast Play. Why do they think that Fast Play is good? I have to make sure I hit the menu button at a specific point or I'm stuck stopping the movie to turn off fast play (and it's different menu buttons depending on the disc, so that's annoying too). Blu-Ray's are even worse because the menu button only pulls up a little navigation bar at the bottom that, unless you move it super quick before the next trailer starts, you've got to start all over. It seems to me that most people either want to watch the movie and then maybe the special features, but it would be nice to choose and not be forced. Why would you only want to watch whatever special features that fast play picks for you? Every single Disney disc since the dawn of the DVD is "enhanced with Disney's Fast Play"...just hearing those words makes me cringe! Disney people...hear my words...GET RID OF FAST PLAY...IT SUCKS!!!

Now on to the totals...

MOVIE TOTALS:
Live Action: 20
Full-Length Animation: 75
Mixed-Medium: 4
Animated Shorts: 252
Live Action Shorts: 1
Mixed-Medium Shorts: 1
Animated Series: 77
Mixed-Medium Series: 2
Documentaries: 1

Comments

Tiffstitch said…
Nice to hear your videos are improving your education too! I'll have to keep these in mind for DD.
Kate said…
It's amazing what you learn from kid's tv and videos! Ugh, I know, I hate Fast Play too.
Vickie said…
You are a better woman than me because there is no way I could even enter that clubhouse!