Wednesday, November 26, 2014
1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?
I definitely do NOT like playing games with others...I'm way too competitive and I do NOT like to lose (I'm the kid who used to memorize all the Trivial Pursuit cards). But I play Sudoku a lot and have done so in the past week. I'm also extremely addicted to games on my phone (mostly Disney ones) and that occurs on a daily basis.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
This might be the most surprising answer I have ever given...one that NO ONE could EVER guess...Disney World!
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
None...I fully plan to spend the day cross stitching at home alone avoiding family, not eating Thanksgiving food, and not even scanning past a football channel at all costs. Matter of fact, knowing that football will probably be on every channel is less motivation for me to kick my Veronica Mars habit.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?
Considering I hate Thanksgiving food, I have to say steaks or ribs (only because they have a grill and I don't), but my mother does make a mean veggie beef soup (although I always have to add extra tomatoes and corn).
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
I try extraordinarily hard to not watch infomercials in any capacity (or commercials in general for that matter)...it's why God invented DVRs. Before their invention, I would leave the room or just turn the channel during commercials and isn't infomercials just a very long commercial? And don't even get me started on shopping channels. My Sister was always the one glued to the tele when a commercial would come on, definitely NOT me. But it's peaked my curiosity as to whether or not she watches them, so I'll have to ask her.
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
Christmas shopping ended for me two years ago, but I always did 99.9% of it online. There is no way in Hades you could even pay me to go anywhere near particular stores starting this week all the way through the first of the year...people are insane lunatics and I want no part of it all!! When my mother worked full-time, she had a Christmas Club put aside for me to afford to buy Christmas presents for people. Now that she is retired, the money is no longer there for me, so that's my excuse...I can't afford it. Besides, most all my family have money, and I could never measure up to their gift giving anyway.
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
That's a tough one...I don't live in a nice home, I'm not particularly attractive, I don't work with nice people, I'm not surrounded by the love of my family, so I'm gonna have to be superficial and say my VIB Rouge Card from Sephora...nothing says beauty like a Naked pallet from Urban Decay and pretty much anything Kat Von D!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sorry, this one was a bit on the bitchy side. This time of year makes me extremely grumpy, but not for the reasons it does most singletons...most people are lonely this time of year, I can't get left alone enough! It makes me grumpy because I'm expected to participate and I'm constantly either ridiculed or pitied because I won't. Even as a child, when Christmas was supposed to be this magical event, it was always a stressful, horrible time for me and I'm extremely grateful that I'm at an age now where I can choose to opt out. My grumpiness comes from everyone else's inability to accept this. I've had numerous comments directed towards me about Thanksgiving this week already and it will be worse by Christmastime.