Wednesday Hodgepodge


Been a while since I've done this, but I guess it's time to get back into normal routines!

1. What's your favorite time of day? Why?
Definitely night time! I am NOT a morning person and the more the day goes on, the more alive I become (and the harder it gets for me to sleep).

2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender...which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
Never had a waffle iron, rarely use the mixer or blender, and can't stand the smell of coffee, so no coffee maker. The toaster is all that is left! It's pretty old and ugly anyway and cheap enough to easily replace (but I don't because it never really gets used either).

3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)...what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
Dealing with people.

4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are-Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
I've been to Niagara Falls and around St. Catharine's many years ago, but I would like to go back some day. The Canadian side of Niagara is so much prettier than the American side (which looks like kitsch came to visit and never left). There are other places in Canada I'd like to see, but for now, I'll settle with the Canadian Pavilion at Epcot.

5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
Pizza and Salsa (although not together) and since I never change, they will always be my favorites.

6. Do you cry easily?
No.

7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
Christmas no longer exists in my world (as far as I'm concerned)...that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I managed to succeed last year for the first time, so hopefully this year will be as quiet. It was always extremely stressful fighting crowds, buying presents, hoping you got the right thing for the right person and hoping they will like it. There is nothing worse than opening presents in front of others, having them stare at you with the same questions and expecting certain reactions out of you. I never liked Christmas food and it saves my mother the trouble of cooking turkey and ham. Then there is the fact you have to get up early so that you have time to load the car and drive to the town where your family live, so good riddance I say!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
How can such a wonderful place like Disney World make you feel so good while you are there and so crappy when you come back?

Comments

Joyce said…
I've heard that said of Niagara. Niagara on the Lake is supposed to be really charming though. My sister was in Niagara this summer and said it was so crowded. I'd like to visit when kids are in school,and maybe avoid the crowds. Have a great day!