Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Woopsie! Must have forgotten last week's podge...oh well, on with this one!
1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon."~Kellie Elmore Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
Disagree. I was a miserable child. Aspergers and the 70's/80's didn't mix well (although I didn't know that's what it was then). The only thing I miss about my childhood is spending hours swimming in the backyard. I haven't been in a pool in 25 years or more and I'm a water baby by nature.
2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix, etc? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?
No, No, No, No, and No! Living in the South, all anyone talks about is cars and Nascar (and hunting). I just don't get it. I love my Nissan Rogue, but it's only purpose is to make me comfortable while getting from one location to another.
3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or do you think anything and everything is fair game?
I think this whole "PC" movement is the worst thing to ever happen to society. I really only get offended if someone is making fun of me personally and then only if it's meant to be hateful and not funny. I don't joke much myself and don't laugh much anyway. Besides, I was picked on heavily as a child, so I've got the skin of a rhino. The stink caused by Jason Biggs' tweet after the Malaysian crash wouldn't have happened 20 years ago. I didn't think it was that offensive, but neither did I think it was funny. It was just a case of poor taste and bad timing on his part and aren't jokes all about the timing? Plus, I grew up in an age where comedians like Whoopi and Robin Williams and Bobcat Goldthwaite were on the scene...need I say more? Well, I'm gonna.
I always think of the South Park Christmas episode (which, just the fact that I watch South Park, defines my sense of humor) where all the parents were screaming about certain aspects of the children's Christmas pageant being offensive to their beliefs. In the end, the kids were all wearing gray jumpsuits, spinning in circles, going "beep boop" over and over again. When the parents kicked up a stink about it because it wasn't "Christmas-y", Mr. Garrison told them, "well, you made me remove everything offensive and this was all that was left!". Political Correctness sucks. Guaranteed I've probably offended SOMEONE with that answer, but oh well.
4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
I do like lasagna, but I have to be in the mood for it (and my diet won't allow it, so I haven't had it in a while and, since it uses the same sauce as spaghetti, you'll have that answer in a minute). I prefer to make it myself because no one EVER puts enough cheese in it for me! I kind of prefer the Stouffer's kind to homemade anyway (as long as extra cheese is added to it). Spaghetti was my mother's "go to" dish when she was in a hurry, so we ate a LOT of it. Now, I might have it every other year or so and only if I'm in the mood.
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
Disney! That one was easy!
6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
I wouldn't. I would much prefer to be independently wealthy enough not to have to work.
7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Come back! I need more Disney money!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't have any today actually.