Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Forgive me, I'm very one-track minded at the moment!
1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
Experience is the best teacher of how to do a Disney trip right.
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
Last October when I went to Disney World...I took the long way there through Tennessee and the long way back through Mississippi. Sure, it added three+ hours each way, but much more enjoyable and gave me excellent "prep" time for a solo trip! But I haven't been a roamer in years...I used to drive all over the place, especially late at night. It's just not feasible to do that now (and I'm too chicken). Now I go to and from work the same way every single day and rarely anywhere else.
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
Pizza, in a heartbeat...I would have it right this second if I could!
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
'All roads lead to Rome'...everything I do aims me towards Disney World.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
I've never wanted to go to Italy (unless it's in Epcot at Disney World).
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
We're going to Disneyland next year for the first time, but I don't really think I need to answer the second part of that, HA! But definitely, without a doubt, the Haunted Mansion! It may be cheesy, but it's filled with some of the most creative and imaginative work from the best of the Disney artists like Marc Davis, Claude Coates, Yale Gracey, Leota Toombs, Harriet Burns, and Rolly Crump. I could ride it a million times and still stroll out happily singing the song (and it's the ringtone I use for my sister).
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
I don't go outside much, so I don't remember. We're in the heart of mosquito country, so I've probably definitely been bitten and not known it, I still have the brown recluse bite scar from when I was 10 (which was probably around the same time as the first and only time I was stung by a bee).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Right now, there is nothing random about my thoughts...they are completely organized and singularly focused on one subject. But, I do need to send a shout out to my friend Kate who is in the hospital for a couple of days for a tissue infection. Get well Kate! We've got Disney World ahead of us!