Wednesday, March 19, 2014
1. Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
I would love to be able to plant a garden, if I had a yard (which I don't), but I am absolutely terrified of masses of trees, so the woods would completely be out of the question!! Besides, this is the South and woods around here mean you would probably get shot by some redneck hillbilly looking for dinner (I kid...sort of). But, in any case, neither would be possible on a Thursday...it's a work day!
2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)
People pretty much know not to spring anything on me (I don't do well under pressure and tend to explode, often very vocally) and I think the "do under others" mantra holds true with this one and I try to not spring on others! I'm the kid who used to open Christmas presents long before Christmas and rewrap them so I would know how to react on the day. As far as springing out at me, I tend to punch first and flinch later, which is why I can't go to haunted houses at Halloween...I'm afraid I'll assault the poor kids hired to scare people!
3. We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?
I don't like changes in my routine (Asperger's can be a powerful thing). I don't really think of spring as a time for new beginnings...spring is time for that blasted daylight savings time, one of the worst times of the year! I'm more of a summer girl - the hotter, the better! Given the ultimate choice, I'd love to win the lottery and move to Golden Oak and only ever leave my house to go to Disney World...if that can be accomplished by spring, all the better because I'd hate to try to move my record and tape collection across country in a smoldering truck cargo hold.
4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
About third or fourth row back, directly in the middle. Partly because I'm blind, and partly because the rowdy teenagers typically sit in the back. To tell the truth, I can't remember the last time I went to the movie, but I do know the next time...it will be for Maleficent in May.
5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
Hopefully, I can walk away from the meeting and be completely forgotten (which usually happens). I don't usually put myself in situations where I meet people anyway.
6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?
When I was actually purchasing real food (and not doing my meal replacement diet) I pretty much lived on Lean Cuisines. My freezer would be full of them. I don't eat a lot of ice cream and I usually really have to be in the mood for it.
7. What's something you avoid?
People, places, things...the list of things I DON'T avoid would be much shorter!
8. Insert your own random thought here
I have a headache today and I'm not a happy camper. Ugh.