Wednesday, March 5, 2014
1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?
I'm like that every single day, and, if I'm specific, just a couple of minutes ago due to a work-related matter and one of my bosses who seems to not like me (for some reason) at the moment.
2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?
I have only been to New Orleans once and I will never go again. The vibes in that place are akin to those in Gettysburg or Savannah and it's just too much for my sensitive spidey-sense to take!
Purple is my life! My office is filled with it (and after my office flooded, I actually managed to talk them into painting my walls purple), my house is filled with it, so of course my wardrobe is filled with it. I will often buy things just because they are purple! I absolutely hate green (my carpets in my house are green-or used to be-and they make me sick to look at) and gold is too much like yellow, which is the second ugliest color to me (pink being the ugliest). One of the few phobias I have (ok, I have more than a few) is yellow candy. I won't even eat yellow M&M's and I can't really explain why.
3. Are you old fashioned?
Yes and no. In moral turpitude and values, yes...in technology and progress, no.
4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?
Seriously? It takes me a year to plan a week in Disney World (a place I've been many times)! Everything has to be mapped out to a tee (although it rarely ever works out that way). I even plan my short "day trips" to an extent!
5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?
Being from the South, and more specifically within an hour of Memphis, I probably should say BBQ, but I'd probably have to go with Malt Vinegar. I'd put it on everything if I could!
6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?
Thinking about my passed-on pup Zander or my still very much alive but absent Father.
7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?
I wouldn't. I can't imagine even in my wildest dreams doing that.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is our work Needle Club day! Woo Hoo! I doubt I will get any work done at all!