I didn't work on Pea this week...I was testing to see how my Disney alphabet for the A to Z Blogging Challenge would go. I did another chart from CloudFactory to see how long the characters would take to stitch. I haven't mounted it or framed it yet, but here it is:
Granted, they took longer than I wanted them to, but in all fairness I was using hoops (which I never do because I can only stitch one-handed). I much prefer scroll rods and a stand, be it lap or floor, so both hands can have access. It's also been a while since I used Aida, and, even at 18ct, it took some getting used to...evenweave Monaco or Lugana is much more forgiving. Heck, I even found using two threads instead of one a bit of a challenge! I keep saying it, but HAEDs have ruined me for life! I ended up having to frog half of the first character (I can never remember if it's Flora or Fauna that is green) because the stitch was big I could see the flaws in the pattern...instead of stitching from the top to the bottom, I had to stitch from the bottom to the top to make it look clean.
But since I was on a two-thread, aida roll after Sleeping Beauty, I decided to work on A Summer Ball this weekend instead of Pea. Plus, I just needed a mattress break. It's been a very long time since I've worked on Ball, so here's a reminder where I left off:
And here is where I finished tonight:
This is going to be amazing when it's finished, but I really HATE working on it! The half and quarter stitching, the backstitching that doesn't line up with the colors, the lack of detail in the face, etc, etc. If I didn't love the overall of this chart, I would scrap it all together.
The challenge begins in a little more than a day, so the future of Pea is in question for the month of April, but I'm still expecting a summer finish for her. A Summer Ball, however, is going back on the backburner for a while.