It's been a couple of weeks, but I think my mojo is coming back! OK, so I didn't do a lot of work, but I did what I could with a headache. I had to keep stopping and starting, but I'm still proud of my little bit-o progress! At least I got something done for IHSW!! So without further ado:
The 35th Anniversary Celebration:
And A Walk Through The Highlands:
Apparently in my absence from the blog world...awards have appeared and two people have given them to me! I have to say I'm more than a bit surprised and humbled! MangoGirl At Naughts & Cross Stitches and my pal Vickie over at Reading And Stitching both thought enough of me to give me this honor! And I'm supposed to pass it on. This is not something I'm very good at, but I'm gonna give it a shot! Funny thing is, both these ladies would have been one of my five!
Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved, and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
4. Share five random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Ok, the bloggers that I am giving this award to are:
1) Katy over at Momuboocrea Island - One of the best things that has come from blogging! What a great friend she has become and what a fantastic person!! I can't imagine life without our weather swaps! But then again, she is to blame for my new obsession for Crunchies!!
2) AbbyBeth at The Tomboy Princess - Another new friend and a fellow Disney lover! A pretty strong girl who has been an inspiration even if she doesn't know it! Hope to see you in October in WDW!!
3) The Crafty Princess - Her stitching is absolutely amazing and I find it mind-boggling that she can do so many WIP's at one time!
4) Nikki at Nikki's Stitching - Another fabulous stitcher who never ceases to amaze me at the varying subjects she stitches! I find myself drawn to her blog just to see what's next!
5) Five wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! Mcewan07 at Cross Stitch W.I.P. is the kind of stitcher I wanna be when I grow up! Her work looks flawless!!
Ok, now for the hard part. 5 random facts about me that people don't know (and for me this will be really tough because I've been pretty forthright on my blog and in life):
1) I'm terrified of spiders, but the bug that scares me the most is ladybugs! Years ago when I lived in the country, it was a migratory year or something for the little monsters and they covered my house for about a month! But that wasn't the bad part...one night I opened the back door and thousands, and I do mean thousands, of them fell on me! A scene right out of a horror movie! Live bugs, no matter how "cute" covering you is terrifying! That was about 15 years ago and I still find ladybug corpses in my house upon occasion!
2) I don't eat yellow candy. Don't know why, I just refuse to do it and always have. I even pick out the yellow M&M's! It's not because they are lemon, or pineapple or whatever flavor yellow happens to be, it's just a weird phobia!
3) I was in my late 30's before I ever stepped foot in a liquor store! It just wasn't something I could bring myself to do. It's not something I have a problem with now! I've become quite the wine lover!
4) Speaking of beverages, I am a total tea snob! Tea should never be made instantly, herbals are NOT teas, and good tea, made right, needs absolutely no sugar - besides, you can't taste the flavor of the blend if it's sweet. Oh, and once you get a taste of the good stuff, Lipton tastes like grass! Totally ruins your dining out experience when you want a good glass of tea in a restaurant and you know the second you taste it, it's Lipton!
5) I miss my daddy. I shouldn't. He doesn't deserve it. It may be our Scottish pride dragging this rift out, but I can't make him love me and considering everything I'm going through with my head, he's got to be the least of my worries! Guaranteed he doesn't give me a moment's thought I just wish I could do the same. Wonder what he'd say if he knew I had a brain tumor? Probably nothing. I just hate that I can't forget him and I hate that I think about him every single day. Totally sucks. I may act all big and tough when it comes to my father, but he is definitely my Achilles heel!
Wow, that's a positive note to end on!
Ok...Hopefully you will stop by and visit my friends blogs!!! That's the award process! Everyone enjoy!