Oh my stupid head!

Just when I think it can't get any worse, it does!  Luckily, I ended up with a doosy of a headache when I went to the neuro this morning and he dosed up pretty good!  But, on the bad side, I got a complete change of meds all across the board almost, which drives me insane!  Surely, if I keep on with these massive cocktails of drugs, my liver is gonna shut down!  The new cocktail is less drugs, but about 10x stronger!  People have gone to rehab for less than what I'm on!  I'm not a druggie, so I hate it!  But what else can I do?  I have a high tolerance for pain, but there is a limit, even for me!

On another bad side, I'm scheduled for an MRI in the morning (7:30 am to be precise...me...7:30 am...awake...HA!).  I am terrified and not for the reason you think!  I'm scared to death to go by myself to a new place!  Damn social disorder!  I don't care that I'm being put in a machine that's basically a giant coffin with a huge magnet in it (actually, I kind of like that part...I like enclosed places and the magnet might reset my internal alignment), or that they are gonna inject me with dyes that are gonna travel into my brain...oh no...I'm terrified of talking to strangers and going to a new place, a place that I pass everyday going to and from work!  Am I terrified I might have a brain tumor which is what is causing my headaches...nope (ok, maybe a little)...I'm scared to death of possibly taking my clothes off and putting on a gown (or worse, doing it in front of a man tech)!  And the worst thing of all?  What if I don't fit in the machine?!?!  I've heard that some "pooh-sized" people don't fit!!

Comments

kate n said…
Hey Keebs,I hope that it all goes well today.
Abbybeth said…
by now your MRI should be done and over with, but thinking good thoughts for you. I've had to do an MRI once, with a dye injection and it wasn't too bad. I didn't enjoy it by any means, but if you close your eyes and focus on something happy (Disney!) to try to distract yourself, it helps....
Anonymous said…
Hope the MRI went well, let us know how you got on?