My next WIP

I've decided to work on this one as my Disney project because, well, it's the 35th Anniversary stitch, and since last year was Disney's 40th Anniversary, it's about time I stitched it! Plus, I like the fact that it's not solid, so I don't have to stitch a background! It seems my last few projects have been that way and it's getting tiring! I have to pre-treat the fabric first because apparently there is some bleeding issues with the navy fabric, so I might not get to start on it this weekend, but I can get everything prepared and hopefully at least finish up the first page of A Summer Ball and maybe work on A Walk Through The Highlands a bit.

IMG_0017

Another great thing about this project is it has some obscure Disney characters on it, like Pecos Bill and Widowmaker, which is one of my favorite oldie cartoons, as well as the Hitchhiking Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion! Pecos Bill is a classic and one of my favorites, but it's also one of those that brings up a sore subject (as well as a controversial one) for me - to make them more "PC" they edited out certain parts. Painting out a cigarette on a 65 year old cartoon is not going to keep kids from smoking today - kids today wouldn't even watch this cartoon! It ruins the integrity of the original artwork! For those of you who don't remember it, I did happen to find the uncut version on YouTube (in pieces since it's about 15 or so minutes long).







Just in case you were wondering (probably not), my absolute favorite Disney short is The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow! Funny how I can go from a stitching post back to Disney again! The power of OCD!

Comments

kate n said…
Is it wrong that all I saw was Pluto! Its a wonderful project.
Joysze said…
Oooh, I'm going to love seeing your WIPs on this one.

Enjoyed reading your write ups in the last few posts. I've never stayed at Wilderness Lodge... it looks awesome!!
Vickie said…
Love this kit! I am going to start my disney projects after I finish a few UFO's!
Looks like an awesome kit to start.