I tried everything to fix the hole. I tried to stitch over it but there was no way that was going to work. I pulled the patch out and was hoping the threads would hold it together, but they wouldn't even come close. Then I tried the stupidest idea of all, I tried a band-aid, one on each side! But the needle kept getting gummy from the band-aid sticky. In the end, I cut a section from another piece of 18ct, larger than the hole, and lined it up evenly and went to town and it worked! If you look close (it's where the ocre and black humps meet), it's really ugly stitching, but you can't tell there are two pieces of aida together, so that's good at least.
So here's Sunday night:
And here's tonight:
Not much progress, but there is a lot of confetti here for some reason! I figured once I got to the top where there wasn't a lot of design, it would get easier. But, I guess that's what I get for thinking!!
I ordered the thread for both Tanglewood and The Bramble And The Rose from Ink Circles and got the material for Tanglewood (but I went with Lugana instead of linen, I'm still terrified of linen). I think I need to see the thread for Bramble before I get the material. I tried to look online and see what others did, but I am apparently the only person on the planet that is using the recommended thread! The thread is called "Mostly Deadly Nightshade" and it's like a gorgeous blacky-purple hand-dyed silk thread. But the recommended material is called vintage lentil and it's this weird greenish color and I'm not jazzed about it. So I'll have to see.
I also got all the thread for A Walk In The Highlands so I'm all set for the next several projects!! Now I just have to hope I don't run out of steam! It makes me want to be able to work on several projects at the same time, but there is no way my OCD will let me! I'd go nuts!!